Coping and pasting different things is a convenient feature on the Mac that you use for different purposes. If you are seeing a pop-up notification, “sorry no manipulation with clipboard allowed,” you are at the right place. We will discuss everything about it in this article.
“Sorry No Manipulations With Clipboard Allowed” Error Means
Whenever you copy something, it will be stored in your clipboard. If a notification says, “sorry no manipulation with the clipboard allowed,” it means it has some issues. To fix the problem, we have provided various methods in this write-up.
Different Ways To Fix The Issue
There may be various reasons for a clipboard to stop working. So, remember that we have provided six ways to fix the error.
1. System Reboot
- On your desktop, tap on the Apple icon.
- Now select the restart option in the menu bar.
- The system will reboot after some time, and you can use the clipboard like before.
2. Using Activity Monitor
- Press command + space to open the activity monitor.
- Launch the activity monitor and type board in the search for and double-click on the board option you want to restart
- Now select quit.
3. Using Terminal
- Press command + space to open the Terminal.
- Write terminal and tap on return.
- On the Terminal, write a killall board and then press return.
- You can also write a sudo killall board as an alternative. It will require you to enter the system password.
4. Force Quit
- Press command + space.
- Launch activity monitor.
- Type windowServer.
- Double-tap on the process
- Quit and then Force Quit.
5. Update Windows
- Click on the apple icon and the system preferences option from the menu bar.
- Press on the software update icon.
- If you see an update, click on the update now button.
- After a couple of minutes, check your clipboard for the “sorry no manipulation with clipboard allowed” error.
6. Scan For Malware
This error may also be because of the viruses in your system. If you have any antivirus software installed, scan your system and remove the malware.
“sorry no manipulation with clipboard allowed” FAQs
Q: Why does this error happen?
A: There are various reasons for the Mac showing the “sorry no manipulation to the clipboard is allowed” notification. In simple words, any application is rendering you from using your clipboard.
Q: How to enable chrome access to the clipboard?
A: open your chrome browser and type the following address;
Type it in the Omnibox and search for the address. Here, type clipboard in the search bar and hit enter. Now, you can see different search results on the clipboard.
Q: How to resolve the clipboard issue?
A: You can use various methods and check your clipboard after each way to see which method is suitable. These methods include restarting the windows, updating the windows, using an activity monitor, and terminal fixing.
If you have a mac clipboard, “sorry no manipulations with clipboard is allowed,” you can use the above methods. If the error persists, you can contact the Apple store.